Mazzer Super Jolly/Amfin grinder to pick from on craigslist

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
skyboltone

#1: Post by skyboltone »

I have my choice of either of these used machines:
A jolly with Doser and big hopper marked Brevetto: (and also Astoria) It's out of restaurant service.
And an Anfim that looks like this. It's got a tapered angular base with flat sides and a Doser.
$300 each or $500 for the pair. I'm leaning towards the Jolly.

For primarily espresso but want the ability to make drip.

Votes quickly please.....the seller is waiting.

http://reno.craigslist.org/app/5184481823.html
Bean me up dude!

lapavoni1999

#2: Post by lapavoni1999 »

guessing 54mm burrs for the Anfim

http://www.cafeparts.com/productDetail1 ... emID=49603

and 64 for the jolly.. It would be the one I would choose.

skyboltone (original poster)

#3: Post by skyboltone (original poster) »

Sorry about that. I didn't hang around long enough for the replies. The seller called and said come and get it mister. I bought the Super Jolly and boy is if FILTHY! I need the teardown instructions and or diagram. By way of introduction I'm a retired industrial electrician with a ton of electronics and mechanical experience.

I am currently doing rather poorly with a Krups 863 thermoblock ruinizer. I've managed to make pretty good coffee with a nice foamy head on it but no espresso yet. There is a La Pavoni Professional on the way. It too will be completely torn down and patched up. I love fixing stuff and I love espresso so this should be fun.

Dan
Bean me up dude!

Marcelnl

#4: Post by Marcelnl »

You can find explosion drawings on the net easily enough, in the end you probably do not need them as the thing is pretty straightforward and constructed like a tank. (Just google mazzer super jolly diagram and presto!)

Good find at a great price!

Get it clean and put in new original burrs and you're set for life. I am using mine for over a year now and am happy with it every day.
Am using mine with a darkroom timer so I can grind single doses without waste and have modified the doser with the schnozzola a flap and vanes and decided to keep it now it works smoothly.

Forget the kraps, with that la Pavoni you'll be entereing a whole new dimension of espresso at home!
LMWDP #483

#5: Post by skyboltone (original poster) »

Thanks for the encouragement Marceini. I do need to work more with the doser but it's up and running. I ruined the perfectly good anodizing on the doser assembly by running it through the dishwasher. Oh well. I'll either polish it, paint it, or leave it alone. There are lots of mods around for eliminating the waste with the rotating star setup but for now I'm happy. I've put a clean up thread on the grinder forum. It seems that most all the used SJ on the market are major cleanup operations.
Bean me up dude!

lapavoni1999

#6: Post by lapavoni1999 »

Urnex Cafiza Commercial Cleaner does an amazing job on coffee oils, much better than dish soap

tr182md

#7: Post by tr182md »

Congrats. I am in Reno so you beat me to it! Although I am looking now at a new one either compak, Ceado, or Mahlkonig. No one seems to have Compak or Ceado to tell me about

#8: Post by skyboltone (original poster) replying to tr182md »

Well the seller still has the Anfim. It's in similar horribly neglected condition. I told her not to expect $300 for it. I still think it will make somebody a decent enough grinder for $200 or less.

I see you fly too. A dying breed are we. I'm working on two non-flying projects at the moment, but that's another story.
Bean me up dude!

tr182md

#9: Post by tr182md »

Ordered to Compak f8. We should meet sometime for coffee. The Hub is awesome. Old world also good. THey have cool machine.

#10: Post by skyboltone (original poster) »

tr182md wrote:Ordered to Compak f8. We should meet sometime for coffee. The Hub is awesome. Old world also good. They have cool machine.
I haven't been to Old World yet. The hub was very busy last weekend and I love that spot down there; even with the river dry. The Ceado next time eh? Ha! All I need is another money sump. I'm awaiting my La Pavoni Pro rebuilder but I'm impatient. I'd like a Cimbali Junior Casa. Yeah, that would do it.
Bean me up dude!