Looking for upgrade from Rancilio Rocky

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Hwynboy

#1: Post by Hwynboy »

I just bought a Rancilio Silvia and I like the machine. The package included a Rocky grinder with it. I have not been terribly pleased with the grinder and am looking to get a different grinder. I want something I will be pleased with the results and will not have to buy another one long term. I'm thinking of the Rocket Mazzer Mini Type A and spending a buttload of money. Any other ideas or recommendations? Or will this Rocket Mazzer be a good fit for me long term?

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

These questions come up frequently, daily in fact. We need to know your budget, your expectations as far as size, location constraints, etc. How many shots do you make in a day? Do you switch between coffees a lot or stick with one blend for a long period of time etc.

The more information you give us, the more help we can be. And the more homework and searching you do for yourself, the kinder the feedback will generally be as well.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Hwynboy (original poster)

#3: Post by Hwynboy (original poster) »

I have done some searching on the Mazzer Rocket type A, but have not found much in posts...

I usually make 2-4 cups a day. I do like to try different coffees. I'm just not sure if the Rocket Mazzer Mini is the best spend value wise of my money. Are there other options in this price range that are better, or can I get more for my money if I move up or down? My budget is whatever a good grinder will be for a long time so I don't have to upgrade down the road.

I do like the ability of the preset grind press a button voila here is your shot once I get it dialed in correctly.'

I am new to this whole program obviously..so be gentle =)