Long term users of the Quick Mill Vetrano 2B Evo?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
qlavz

#1: Post by qlavz »

Hi guys,

I'm looking for an upgrade for my 12 years old Elektra Micro Casa Leva. I would like a reliable and straightforward machine, well engineered and with impeccable finish. Greats shots, consistency, competent steamer, and a predictable nature are all keywords.

I'm seriously considering Alex Duetto IV, ECM Synchronika, Rocket R58, and a few others. Lately, however, the QM Vetrano 2 Evo had taken quite a lead though. Does anyone here have first hand with it for a longer steady-state use? Is it everything it claims to be? Can it deliver on my main focus areas and would you recommend?

Kind regards, Claus

apple2k

#2: Post by apple2k »

I have a 4-5 year old QM Alexia PID and it has worked flawlessly. It had one component go bad under the water tank, was a $100 replacement and has been running smoothly.

theoctopus

#3: Post by theoctopus »

Also interested in this. I wound up pulling the trigger on a Vetrano 2B last week, though, so it may be a case of too little, too late if long-term reviews are bad.

Bill33525
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by Bill33525 »

My EVO is over a year old and probably one of the early ones as well. Zero problems so far.

Shife

#5: Post by Shife »

I'm going on 2 years with a Lucca M58 which is basically an Evo. Zero issues to date. I had a piece of debris in a valve the first week, but after resolving that I've had no problems. I dropped a tamper and put a few nicks in the hot water valve and the group, but that's my own stupid fault.

My maintenance has been limited to the very rare group detergent flush. And I mean rare, like twice per year. I religiously scrub the group and freshwater backflush after every use, so your mileage may vary on that. I've pulled the group lever a few times to lubricate the cam. Occasionally blow the drain line out with compressed air to clear any accumulating gunk. I'll pull the heating elements this summer and check the boilers for scale. I'm using the softener/filter kit from Clive and my water is already softened in house prior to that unit. I have a regulator from Chris's Coffee in place and set at 25psi. It's been a great machine.

Shife

#6: Post by Shife »

I should probably also note that I left it on 24/7 for the first year or so and then tied it into a home automation setup with a 20 amp Z-wave outlet so it's on a schedule now.

EDChris

#7: Post by EDChris »

It's been the daily driver at the showroom here for about 2 years, doing anywhere from 20-40 shots per day. We also take it to trade shows and other marketing events where it'll do 200 shots a day easy. We've basically done everything to this machine, it runs plumbed in at the shop, off tank at the shows, and has been driven and even flown across Canada for trade show duty, hasn't had a single problem in that time, with mostly minimal maintenance. I accidentally left the lever "on" for 6 minutes to answer a phone call and was sure that would have done something to it, but nope it kept on truckin.

Ron_L

#8: Post by Ron_L »

Shife wrote:I should probably also note that I left it on 24/7 for the first year or so and then tied it into a home automation setup with a 20 amp Z-wave outlet so it's on a schedule now.
Sorry for the hijack, but what 20A Z-wave outlet are you using? I've been looking for one.
...ron

LMWDP #356

EDChris

#9: Post by EDChris »

Oh yeah, in the use-case I outlined above it's on 24/7 for most of that 2 year span, basically only being off when it's travelling.

Shife

#10: Post by Shife »

Ron_L wrote:Sorry for the hijack, but what 20A Z-wave outlet are you using? I've been looking for one.
Enerwave. They pop up on Amazon from time to time. I was on a SmartThings hub and have since moved to a Wink2.