LIDO E vs. Helor 101

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
thomasben

#1: Post by thomasben »

I'm assuming most people will say LIDO E due to the track record and emphasis on espresso but anyone have experience with both and which one they prefer? Looking for a new manual grinder and one that can handle espresso exceptionally well but also aeropress and pour over.

thomasben (original poster)

#2: Post by thomasben (original poster) »

Still no input here??

maxbmello

#3: Post by maxbmello »

I'm interested in this as well since I am in the market for a new espresso focused travel/work grinder. I think the helot may be too new for many comparisons, but if you read through the user experience thread, it compares favorably to a Pharos/HG1 and others. I think both will work well, it will just come down towards your aesthetic preference.

Personally, I'm leaning towards a Helor or Feldgrind.

Good luck in your choice, and hopefully someone who has hands on experience can chime in here.

buddalouie

#4: Post by buddalouie »

I recently got a Helor and it's a really nice hand grinder. Before I got the Helor I had the E as my daily grinder for the past year or so. I wouldn't say there's too much difference in the cup one way or another but I find the Helor to be better in just about every other way. The fit and finish is much better, it's quieter than the E, and much smaller and more portable. It just has a much higher quality feel IMO.

thomasben (original poster)

#5: Post by thomasben (original poster) replying to buddalouie »

Thanks a lot for posting!!

MikkelCoff

#6: Post by MikkelCoff »

How does the Helor grind at coarse settings compared to the LIDO ? :)

jayeff34

#7: Post by jayeff34 »

Only have a Lido E-T that I like, but also thinking of the Helor 101 due to the smaller size and the very few favourable reviews. Andre from Espressoforge seems to think that the helor outperforms most others around that price range: http://espressoforge.com/grinder-suggestions/. If more people share the same sentiments, I would be very tempted to get it as well.

buddalouie

#8: Post by buddalouie replying to jayeff34 »

If you will appreciate the smaller size then you will be very happy with the Helor. It's tiny compared to the Lido...or I should say the Lido is oversized compared to the Helor. The helor is what a portable handgrinder should be IMO. It actually feels portable, where the Lido's...not so much. Performs just as good if not better in the cup. It really is a big step up in overall quality with the Helor over the Lido, it's not even close.