La Valente - Bambina

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
fede99123

#1: Post by fede99123 »

Hi, my name is Federico and I am from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I hope you understand my poor English. 8 years ago I bought a machine brand Ariete, Cafe Florence model. I never had any kind of problem, even a month ago I have conducted an internal cleaning and descaling, which is left as factory. My machine is very limited ( variable temperature, no grinder, only standard double shot filter basket, small and uncomfortable vaporizer) but I've given a lot of use, and after much practice, I can get decent results in my cafes. Also use one Zassenhaus hand grinder mokka.
Currently, I have the opportunity to buy a semi-professional machine used, brand La valente, Bambina model, manufacturing Argentina.
I wonder if someone on the forum has some kind of experience with this model or a similar one brand. Would need to make a decision. I want to know if i will notice differences from my previous machine or not. Most commercial and cheaper here in Argentina, Saeco, Oster brands are, from the similar characteristics of my Ariete, not such a lot of difference, beyond that may have grinder or not. I think this machine can make the difference with the other and give me more benefits.
This is the machine:
http://lavalente.com/producto.php?id=1
Thanks!

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

Welcome Federico, your English is fine.

Are you only able to choose from a machine that has a built in grinder? I think that would limit your options, especially when it comes to finding a quality machine. Even splitting your budget and buying a separate grinder and espresso machine will likely result in a better quality found in both.

I have no experience with that particular line, unfortunately, but I'm sure you'll get more specific feedback shortly.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Alan Frew

#3: Post by Alan Frew »

At a guess, it's functionally equivalent to a Rancilio Lucy. I'd love a look at the internals, just to see if they're "Rancilio Compatible".

Alan