La Marzocco Linea Mini MSRP vs. Actual Price?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
mania

#1: Post by mania »

Hi
I am 99.9% set on this purchase when I return to the States in 2 months.

What I would like to ask is...Does anyone discount the MSRP prices of La Marzocco machines or are they MSRP set/firm. I have only ever seen the msrp prices & never any discounts mentioned or MAP type pricing.

But in an old thread here I did see one poster say "no one he knows pays MSRP" for LM machines so I was curious.

Any info appreciated
Thanks

DLieu8989

#2: Post by DLieu8989 »

I'd say your best bet is to contact different retailers directly over the phone. I can't exactly say for sure if there is a MAP pricing for coffee equipment but if there is like other products, the retailers are bound by that and they normally can not post any special pricing publicly. Call around and shop around, I'm sure deals are out there to be found. If they can not lower the price, try asking for added extra accessories for free or for a deep discount. YMMV. Good Luck!

mania (original poster)

#3: Post by mania (original poster) »

Thanks David

Will give that a try :)

thecatch83

#4: Post by thecatch83 »

SCG offers $125 off discounts every month and has the LMLM in stock drop shipped. It is my understanding that the Mini is on its fourth production run and selling quite well.

mania (original poster)

#5: Post by mania (original poster) »

Thanks for that Ty

I am not sure who is SCG though (edit...Oh Seattle Coffee Gear of course...Thanks)

Like you said ....I would also guess that mini is selling well. I think as one buyer (keno I think? ) said...
The consistency allows one to concentrate on coffee/dose/grind etc.

Which is exactly what I want this one for a home practice machine. Also having the 3.5L steam boiler will also add to that ability of being a great practice machine

Thanks

nuketopia

#6: Post by nuketopia »

There's a MAP minimum advertised price. The final negotiated price is up to you and the dealer.

Kipp

#7: Post by Kipp »

There is next to no margin on this machine. It's not marked up like the commercial machines.

But it is worth every penny!

mania (original poster)

#8: Post by mania (original poster) »

nuketopia wrote:There's a MAP minimum advertised price. The final negotiated price is up to you and the dealer.
Thanks Larry :) Maybe can at least work out some goodies :)

Kipp wrote:There is next to no margin on this machine. It's not marked up like the commercial machines.

But it is worth every penny!
Thanks Chris
I agree after looking at many this is the only one short of a single group commercial that I think I will be happy with.
I am surely buying one as soon as I get back.

Just was curious as I have been away from USA for 4+ years now & was not sure if LaMarzocco prices there were firm or not.

But I agree with you that even at full retail I think it is well worth it (for me) :)

Thanks

tegee

#9: Post by tegee »

Kipp wrote:There is next to no margin on this machine. It's not marked up like the commercial machines.
When I was researching new machines back in February the LMLM was on a very short list, along with the Cimbali Jr Casa.

When I contacted Chris' Coffee, and one of two others, I heard the same exact thing. That LM machine's margins are very tight and very little wiggle room. A few hundred bucks is the most you will see or hear for price reduction. Chris' Coffee was awesome to work with and in the end I just couldn't muster up the $$$ to get the LMLM. But it is a heck of a machine and if I had the discretionary $$$ available would've sprung for it.

Good luck with your purchase and your return back to the States.........

mania (original poster)

#10: Post by mania (original poster) »

Thanks Tony
Much Appreciated :wink: