La Cimbali Junior Casa DT1

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Dash08pilot

#1: Post by Dash08pilot »

I recently sold my Alex Duetto which I owned for 5 years. I am looking to replace this machine. I was tempted to stay with the familiar and just to replace it with an Alex Duetto 3. I am afraid that even though I am comfortable with the Alex, that I will be disappointed months down the road with staying with the familiar.

I have been drawn to the LaCimbali Junior for awhile now. I understand differences between the HX vs DB machines. I am not concerned with learning the cooling flush regiment. Are there any other potential issues that I am over looking? Are there any other machines that I am overlooking in the $3,000 range?

Gary

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

Talk to Rich, (Boar d laze)

Personally, I kicked myself constantly after going with the Duetto II a few years back, instead of the Junior Casa DT1. I think if I would have gone the latter route, I'd still have it. Solid as a rock, true commercial grade throughout. I've pulled shots on them, but haven't used one on a daily basis for knowing how to get the best out of a coffee. I don't think Dan (HB) was overwhelmingly impressed with it, but some things get chalked up to personal preference.

I've bought, flipped/sold dozens of machines, grinders etc over the past 6 years. For obvious reasons, our pretty chromed E-61's that are at the top of that class, hold their resale value better than the brushed stainless. I saw a barely used Junior Casa DT1 go for $750 here in San Jose 4 months ago. They might appear "too commercial" to some, like they belong more in a deli versus your counter, but I don't think you can beat that machine at that price point. It steams better too.

I'd rather have the on the fly temp adjustment of the DT1 vs the slow change on the Duetto's PID.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

uscfroadie
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by uscfroadie »

Merle

boar_d_laze

#4: Post by boar_d_laze »

Hi Gary,

It sounds like you already know quite a bit about what you want, and are into the "mopping up" phase of questions. After reading the first few posts of the thread Merle linked, check your inbox. I've left my phone number, so we can talk whenever you like.

Just a note in passing, the addition of pre-infusion makes the Casa considerably more user friendly than the standard DT1 Dan reviewed. Funny how such a small change makes such a big difference.

Rich
Drop a nickel in the pot Joe. Takin' it slow. Waiter, waiter, percolator

Dash08pilot (original poster)

#5: Post by Dash08pilot (original poster) »

Thanks guys for the responses. I decided to go with the Junior Casa. I placed the order with CCS this morning. It should arrive on Thursday or Friday.