Kitchen cart as espresso bar?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
shingo43

#1: Post by shingo43 »

My gear is on the counter top now but I need to move them because they are sharing the same circuit with my microwave and electric kettle so I cannot use either of them when my boiler is heating.

I am think of move my espresso machine and the grinder to a kitchen cart, preferably with a stainless steel top, any recommendations?

I'd like to know what size(W*L*H) is the best, if you have a link or picture that'll be great. budget is around $150 I guess.

Eastsideloco

#2: Post by Eastsideloco »

I found something that fit my budget & the space I had available on Craigslist. If something like that is an option where you live, it's worth checking out. I didn't have to look long or hard.

GVDub
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by GVDub »

I've gone with stainless steel, NSF-rated prep tables from the local restaurant supply. Available in a variety of sizes, and you can get them rolling. Easy to clean, and I like the look. Plus, they've got plenty of storage space underneath, which can be set up in a number of ways. I like stacking old-school wooden milk crates painted in decorative ways to store cups, tools, accessories, etc. Another benefit is that you could fit a Flo-jet or similar underneath with a 5-gallon bottle if you were running a commercial plumb-in machine but couldn't plumb.
"Experience is a comb nature gives us after we are bald."
Chinese Proverb
LMWDP#238

Burner0000

#4: Post by Burner0000 »

I own this one. It's $250 but if you look hard enough you can find it for under $200. I got mine for $170 locally.
http://www.amazon.com/Baxton-Studio-Den ... B008UOWX6C

It's big, really sturdy and the top is made out of 4-5" thick butcher block. Looks awesome too. If I needed another I'd drop an extra $70 for it without hesitation.

Roast it, Grind it, Brew it!.. Enjoy it!..

shingo43 (original poster)

#5: Post by shingo43 (original poster) »

The table looks really nice, I do like the wood grain on butcher top but I wonder if s/s is a better choice because of water resistant?

Burner0000

#6: Post by Burner0000 »

Wood over metal is the better choice when it comes to water but I have gotten water and coffee all over this thing. The butcher block might absorb 0.001% of water and diluted simple green cleans anything off this. Even dried espresso or overflow from my Silvia if I forget to empty the drip tray.
Roast it, Grind it, Brew it!.. Enjoy it!..