JoeFrex / Concept Art espresso cups opinion?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
elChupaKen

#1: Post by elChupaKen »

Hey folks - I was looking at getting a good set of espresso cups, and the JoeFrex/Concept Art espresso cup set seemed like a good option, just wondering how they compare to cafe-style cups in terms of heat retention and quality. I'm not finding many reviews on them

I'm also open to other suggestions.

CoffeeBar

#2: Post by CoffeeBar »

I personally prefer loveceramic espresso cups. please click this link for more information https://www.loveramics.com/pages/coffee-tea

Cheers :D

Lacoffee

#3: Post by Lacoffee »

I love my notneutral cups. Very well made.
Andrew

FastGlass

#4: Post by FastGlass »

CoffeeBar wrote:I personally prefer loveceramic espresso cups. please click this link for more information https://www.loveramics.com/pages/coffee-tea

Cheers :D
Couldn't agree with you more. I'm a total cup nerd...bordering on, well hell, who am I kidding?...I'm OCD about my cups!
On my seamingly eternal quest to find "the perfect cup", I've pretty much tried them all. The 3oz A.C.F "Nero" Macciatto and 5oz cappuccino cups have been my gold standard for many years. Then they folded. Scoured the net and bought all I could find.
Nuevo Point Sorrentos were up there. The News of the World cups are daily drivers around here...D'Ancap....Acme...both very nice, but not like the A.C.F.s...Terra Keramik are AWSOME...triple fired clay...heavy mass...good...but the platinum (yes, actual platinum) wears easily, so I don't actually USE them much. Inker Ischia are pretty sweet too.
Then I found out about this company, "Loveramics".
High density porcelain, fired under extreme high heat, these things are a virtually indestructible thermos designed for the commercial environment, but by baristas...heavy as heck. Perfect quality from one cup to another. Completely rounded out thick mass bottoms (hence their name for the series-"Egg"), for pouring latte art and for heat retention. Beautiful handles.
I'm going to say it:
The Perfect Cup.
I just ordered a ton. Like, 60. And definitely check out their "Bond" mugs too. Same rounded, convex bottoms inside, but ideal for pour overs and Aeropress stuff (IMO).
....The ACFs will still get some play. For old times sake.

shanec

#5: Post by shanec »

Any idea where you can get those Loveramics cups in the US?

FastGlass

#6: Post by FastGlass replying to shanec »

Hey Shane,
There just isn't anywhere over here yet. They're a relatively new entry into the espresso/coffee world...2014-ish I think. They have been the official cup of a lot of the overseas barista comps though...2014/15/16 and soon 2017. The "Egg" ones especially. They had a deal in November with free shipping and close to 20% off...that's when I finally got my cups. I just ordered more with no deal, and no free shipping...from Hong Kong. That's how awsome these things are. At least, check em out here, and don't forget about those "Bond" mugs. The 300ml we use for pour overs almost exclusively. It's awsome.
https://www.loveramics.com/pages/coffee-tea

MB

#7: Post by MB »

How are the ergonomics of the handle/finger hole on the 200ml "Egg" cups?
LMWDP #472

Randy G.

#8: Post by Randy G. »

See my notNeutral review (posted last week).
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

mania

#9: Post by mania replying to Randy G. »

I do love Not Neutrals nice handles with flat tops

Just easy to hold in all sizes

Fluffeepuff

#10: Post by Fluffeepuff »

I really like the notneutral line. I have some Lino and Mino cups - they are the most comfortable and user-friendly cups I have come across. The black Mino's are not shiny, they are a matte black. I think a glaze finish would have looked better like some other black cups (ancap vernona as an example), but they are still great looking.

After spending 20 minutes on the Loveramics website, I'm certain my next cup foray will be from them. Chances are I'll end up buying wayyyy too much stuff from thay website! So many cool things...