Italian coffee website

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
twisterlove

#1: Post by twisterlove »

Hi Folks,

I had come through a website for selling italian coffees only, and it lists italian coffee roasters that can not be found on other websites.
The problem is I am not able to recall the website name, and google search is not helping. Does any one knows the website?

Thanks

chipman

#2: Post by chipman »

I don't know the site you're looking for, but I must ask. Why buy stale coffee from over seas when you can buy a superior product from anywhere in the U.S. and have it shipped to you within three days?

twisterlove (original poster)

#3: Post by twisterlove (original poster) »

Hi Chipman,

I drink straight espresso, and I started drinking espresso from Segafredo coffee shop when I was home, and I am used to that taste. The American blends tend to be bitter (black-burnt beans) and I like the American blends for Americanos only, but not for espressos. I gave the barista from our local coffee shop some Lavazza beans with 70% robusta; he told me later that he had 4 doppios from that blend in a couple of hours because he liked them so much, and he said he never tasted anything like it before, although the robusta content is high!

I think there must be some local American roaster who would have nice espresso blends, but I think it will take time to test and find a suitable one for me. If you have suggestions regarding italian-like blends roasted in the US, I will be very grateful!

Thanks

aecletec

#4: Post by aecletec »

Perhaps examining the site sponsors or looking at the what's-drinking-now threads would be helpful in tracking down what you like?

HB
Admin

#5: Post by HB »

Dan Kehn

OldNuc

#6: Post by OldNuc »

I had an import site bookmarked but it is now a dead link. There are many stateside importers and they all stock different coffees so you have to go through many different ones as there is no single source for most of what is available.

twisterlove (original poster)

#7: Post by twisterlove (original poster) »

Thanks all. I will follow your advice and check out the US based roasters for Italian-like espresso blends.

Nick Name

#8: Post by Nick Name »

twisterlove wrote:Hi Folks,

I had come through a website for selling italian coffees only, and it lists italian coffee roasters that can not be found on other websites.
The problem is I am not able to recall the website name, and google search is not helping. Does any one knows the website?
There are many of those, but this one also lists the "best before" date of every coffee, so you can calculate the roast date from it (usually you just deduct 12 or 24 months and you get the roast date).

http://www.kaffeezentrale.de

But still, I personally would support a local roaster and get coffee that is roasted just a few days ago...

OldNuc

#9: Post by OldNuc »

Kimbo is set at 18 months for best by date.