I guess I need a coffee grinder - Page 4

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#31: Post by JohnB. »

_rob_ wrote:How well does the bunzilla do for single dosing and how easy is the cleaning.
It's an excellent single dose grinder as the auger feed eliminates popcorning & the vertically mounted burrs shoot the grounds straight down & out. The hopper to auger feed hole is sized perfectly for a typical vacuum cleaner nozzle so it's seldom necessary to open up the burr chamber but removing 2 screws gives you full access to both burrs when you want to do a thorough cleaning.
LMWDP 267

BenKeith (original poster)

#32: Post by BenKeith (original poster) »

Old saying goes, "you snooze you lose"

I finally convinced myself I should just get the Vario and put the steel burrs in it, but went I went to their site to buy it, it had pulled that old magic act. Vanished.

I figure I will keep checking and the fist one of their mid four they list, I will buy a couple of them. For no better than my taste for coffee is, anything better that one of those would be like throwing a bunch of money up a wild hogs a** and hollering suwee. My main thing is making sure quest enjoy it. My wife does have lot of friends that drink it black and claim they look forward to having a cup at our house. Most keep telling me I need to open a coffee shop but I just ask if they realize coffee shops have a higher failure rate than bars. Notice I said my "wife" has a lot of friends, I don't like people very much so I don't make many friends.

Advertisement
drgary
Team HB

#33: Post by drgary »

Good grinder choice! And if it's ever not enough, now you know what to do.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

BenKeith (original poster)

#34: Post by BenKeith (original poster) »

OK, the planets must have come into proper alignment. Baratza had the Virtuoso with Preciso burrs and the Vario I could upgrade to steel burrs so I ordered both. I'll see if these dumb taste buds can tell a difference. Actually I convinced myself the Virtuoso was as good as I needed in Texas.