Help Identifying a Commercial Grinder ("Best Milano")

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
jbruinn

#1: Post by jbruinn »

Hi HBs,

I'm thinking of buying a commercial grinder branded "Best Milano" locally and in need of a help...would one of you experts be able to shed any light if it's any good, and whether parts for it are easily found? Thank you in advance, your inputs are highly appreciated. Some shots below.

Joe

uscfroadie
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by uscfroadie »

It's an Anfim Best. You may have a hard time finding parts... You may be able to get replacement burrs here, and judging by the tall happer, it was used commercially, so new burrs would probably be a wise choice.
Merle

JB130

#3: Post by JB130 »

It might be the "Super Best" variety, there was a discussion about this a few years ago here, where the differences between the Best and Superbest are compared.

erik996

#4: Post by erik996 »

I recently bought a similar Anfim, rehabbed it and sold it. You may be able to find burrs at espressoparts (I did) and you can likely find parts at Vanelis and by calling the parts department of Pasquini is Los Angeles. I know Pasquini has some old dead stock stuff collecting dust they would like to get rid of, at least that's what I was told by the parts guy.

jbruinn (original poster)

#5: Post by jbruinn (original poster) »

Thanks for the inputs everyone. I bit the bullet and bought the grinder. Now onto taking it apart for cleaning... I own an old obel bregant dsq that I got from a closed down restaurant. Does anyone know how they compare?

Joe