Grinder advice needed asap... $2000 max budget

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
1atom12

#1: Post by 1atom12 »

Greetings,
I am trying to finalize my new grinder choice and Ceado E37S is one of the finalists. I have seen several pictures online of a stunning black color. Is the E37S available in black in the US market? The black seems to be a Europe version?

On a side note, I am also considering the Mahlkonig K30 Vario and believe it or not, the Quamar M80E. I have had a Super Jolly in the past and loved it. Many reviews state the M80E is on par with a SJ in the cup.

Aesthetics are important as well as fitting under a 17 3/4 overhead cabinet. Of course the cup is the most important thing. If the E37S silver model is all we get in the US, then it will still be on the short list. Any other grinder advice would be appreciated. I would like to keep the grinder budget to less than 2K. The wife and I prefer bass notes over high notes, but a nice balance would be good.

I would like to pull the trigger no later than tomorrow to get my new gear inbound...

Thanks in advance for any help..

Adam

Advertisement
BTD1986

#2: Post by BTD1986 »

You can't go wrong with a k30. Its very consistent in the cup and easy to dial in. With the small hopper it will just fit under your cabinets. What I did was place a large manila folder under my grinder, then cut out a perfect outline of the grinder, so the four rubber stands on the bottom of the grinder are in contact with the paper, and not my counter top. This way the grinder can be effortlessly slid out from under the cabinet to refill the hopper every couple of days.

uscfroadie
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by uscfroadie »

The K30 Vario with the short hopper is exactly 17.5" tall. It's fast, super quiet, and has minimal retention for a Titan class grinder.
Merle

1atom12 (original poster)

#4: Post by 1atom12 (original poster) »

Thanks everyone for your comments... I just pulled the trigger on the K30 Vario with short hopper!

Londonplug

#5: Post by Londonplug »

Loving my K30,,, one more good point is that it is very wife friendly as it leaves no mess whatsoever on the worktop, a very "smooth operator" indeed