FYI - Seattle Coffee Gear Flash Sale - Gooseneck PID Kettle

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
beer&mathematics

#1: Post by beer&mathematics »

Hi all,

Seattle Coffee Gear is having a flash sale at the moment. The Bonavita Electric Gooseneck Temperature Control kettle is at a crazy good price. To respect SCG, I wont post the price but if you log into SCG website you will see what I mean.

Dan, please remove this post if the public service announcement is against the rules. I did look up that SCG is a site sponsor, so there's that 8)

A little addendum: After living (coffee) life on a whim the past few weeks (not measuring my water temp or weighing beans as 3 of my cheapo scales died), I am curious to see if regulating temp with my pour overs (and weight as I bought a Hario scale too) will lead to tastier brew. My wallet certainly hopes so :lol:
LMWDP #431

pShoe

#2: Post by pShoe »

This is the cheapest I've seen it, with FS too. If I didn't already have it I'd pick one up now.

Randy G.

#3: Post by Randy G. »

How about THIS.
Amazon. Bonavita BV2000SC digital scale for $30 (no drip tray included).
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

beer&mathematics (original poster)

#4: Post by beer&mathematics (original poster) »

That's a good deal Randy. I just received the Hario scale and it is really sweet, otherwise I'd probably consider it. I like the touch sensitive buttons and the timer so I wont be returning it to save a few bucks. Also, I like the aesthetics of the Hario scale better than the BV (surprise surprise) but I'm not sure everyone will agree with that being worth an extra $20.

Lesson I'm sure will surprise no one: you'll eventually pay to get what you want :twisted:

Also, looks like the flash sale is over on the kettle at SCG. Hope some took advantage of it.
LMWDP #431