Finding a used Versalab M3?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
nickw

#1: Post by nickw »

Hi all,
Just wondering how often used Versalab M3's show up?
Been trying hard to find some, seems only one or two show up a year.

Then for price check:
I'm seeing $1250-1500 for units with no hoppers, and/or portafilter holder. Generally home use and clean.
And $1800-2000 for units with 2 hoppers and PF. Generally cafe's and med-well used. Fair cond.

Just wanting to confirm,

Thanks,
Nick

PS. Sadly I didn't see the one in the buy/sell here until after it sold.

Terranova
Supporter ❤

#2: Post by Terranova »

Hi Nick,

A 2nd hand VL sells better than an apple product, I bought Craig's VL (HG One Craig) for $1,2k + shipping $175 + tax ~$250
4 years old and he paid $1500 for it. (no PF holder)
Losing $300 in 4 years is very close to nothing.

PS: ex trahere keept his VL and didn't sell it (the one in the buy sell section)

nickw (original poster)

#3: Post by nickw (original poster) »

Thanks Terranova.
Looks like I just have to wait.
I put a few feelers out there, guess we'll see what comes of it.

Socalsteve

#4: Post by Socalsteve »

I've considered selling mine over the years ( maybe had it 3 years ) as I hardly do espresso any longer. But I wouldn't consider selling it for less than $1,500.00 + actual shipping costs. It looks brand new, has less than 50 lbs of beans run through it, has the portafilter holder and a beautiful ebony wood cap...I probably have close to $2,000.00 into it....also have all the tools, etc that came in the box...including the box!!!

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by FotonDrv »

Good luck finding one!
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

Socalsteve

#6: Post by Socalsteve replying to FotonDrv »

Huh?

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by FotonDrv replying to Socalsteve »

I thought he was having a tough time finding one so I wished him well in his search. If you are selling yours have you listed it in the Buy & Sell Thread?
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

nickw (original poster)

#8: Post by nickw (original poster) »

It was another guy selling his in the Buy/Sell. He's decided to keep it. I didn't message him as I figure if he changes his mind he will re-list.

I actually did find a different one at a fair price (saw your comment Steve). :)
Now that I know more about the M3 and possible issues I'm trying to decide between it and a HG1.
If I decided on the HG1 I will wait for the 71mm to come back in stock.

I'm somewhat put off but the issues that can be had with the M3 (belt slippage and wobble). I put an PM out to terranova hopping he could shed some more light on what I expect to find with bearing and shaft wobble, and discernable differences in the cup.

If a machine did have wobble, it's unlikely you would see it with your naked eye, yet it could impact grind size and consistency. So the current seller probably wouldn't have any idea.

To bad there's not just a motorized HG1!
Maybe I'll have to make one. ;)

Socalsteve

#9: Post by Socalsteve »

nickw wrote:It was another guy selling his in the Buy/Sell. He's decided to keep it. I didn't message him as I figure if he changes his mind he will re-list.

I actually did find one at a fair price. :)
Now that I know more about the M3 and possible issues I'm trying to decide it and a HG1.
If I decided on the HG1 I will wait for the 71mm to come back in stock.

I'm somewhat put off but the issues that can be had with the M3 (belt slippage and wobble). I put an PM out to terranova hopping he could shed some more light on what I expect to find with bearing and shaft wobble, and discernable differences in the cup. T

If a machine did have wobble, it's unlikely you would see it with your naked eye, yet it could impact grind size and consistency. So the current seller probably wouldn't have any idea.
Its been perfectly consistent since day one. Never an issue. Always makes a great espresso. Curious why you think I wouldn't have any idea.

Socalsteve

#10: Post by Socalsteve »

nickw wrote:It was another guy selling his in the Buy/Sell. He's decided to keep it. I didn't message him as I figure if he changes his mind he will re-list.
That is all fine and dandy, but if you came to my home and I made you an espresso using Klatch "Worlds Best Espresso", you'd write me a check in a heart beat. The grinder works impeccably well. I just don't ever use it any longer as I find that the Bunn Trifecta with a Barazta Vario W w/steel burrs satisfies all my coffee needs.