Expobar Office Pulsar vs. Rancilio Silvia

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Heidimama

#1: Post by Heidimama »

They say you can simultaneous brew and steam at the same time, but really? Most videos I see, users pull a shot and steam pretty much back to back, but not at the same time. I am debating between Expobar and Rancilio Silvia, and I feel like the speed alone is worth an upgrade, but I would love to hear from users-how fast is the brew/steam? Do you do it back to back or simultaneously? Thanks!

cmin

#2: Post by cmin »

You can steam and brew same time just like any h/x, some people do 1 then the other so they can focus on 1 thing at a time. Dual Boilers are the same, you can steam/brew simultaneously, or do 1 then quickly do the other after. Gives you the choice. Either way, will be way faster making milk drinks than a Silvia even if you don't do both simultaneously.

Scott_G

#3: Post by Scott_G »

Here's a fun video from Seattle Coffee Gear. No Expobar though...

achosid

#4: Post by achosid »

The Pulser appears to be an HX machine, so yes you should be able to steam and brew simultaneously.

Headala

#5: Post by Headala »

The Silvia will require a 1-2 minute wait between brewing and steaming. And then after steaming takes a while to cool back down to brew. So even if you don't do them at exactly the same time, it's still more of a wait than with an HX or DB.

If you do go with a Silvia, make sure to budget for a PID as well.