Eureka MCD4 as pourover grinder

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
ShelbiRyan

#1: Post by ShelbiRyan »

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the Eureka MCD4? I'm looking at possibly purchasing for a pour over grinder and maybe to play around with espresso (but won't be a dedicated espresso grinder).

I've searched for info and can't find a whole lot on it, anybody's input would be greatly appreciated.

ShelbiRyan (original poster)

#2: Post by ShelbiRyan (original poster) »

I was recently told that this grinder would compete with comparable Mahlkonig and Ditting grinders at a far better cost....not sure if there is any truth to this.

jfrescki

#3: Post by jfrescki »

Does seem like it would be a real killer for the price, but I don't think there are many Eureka grinders, never mind this one, with HB members. I'd love to hear a comment on it too, but I'm not going to be the first one to dip a toe in!!
Write to your Congressman. Even if he can’t read, write to him.
- Will Rogers

clivecoffee
Sponsor

#4: Post by clivecoffee »

Hi Ryan,

How'd it go checking out that EK43? The exchange rate has been a real bummer lately and has made it hard for a lot of people.

I'm hoping to have one of Portland's specialty shops testing an MCD4 soon and providing some feedback, because 85mm burrs and a 750 watt motor seem to be outside the needs of our typical customer :D . Also excited to see what the height is when the short hoppers come in on our next shipment! It would be awesome to get one into the hands of an HB member, and we stand behind all our grinders with a 30 day satisfaction guarantee in case you don't love it.

If anyone has questions or would like to see specific tests and videos, let me know.

@BP

ShelbiRyan (original poster)

#5: Post by ShelbiRyan (original poster) replying to clivecoffee »

The EK43 I went to look at was in terrible condition and needed new burrs, so unfortunately that avenue was closed off rather quickly. I will continue to follow up with the MCD4 and hope to hear more feedback from other users on it. If a specialty shop decides to test it I (and I'm sure a whole bunch of others) would love to hear the results. At this price point and those specs, it seems the MCD4 is quite the bargain.

Lastly. I'd like to add that you guys were a treat communicate with and I thank you for answering all of my questions promptly and thoroughly. :D

Keep us posted with any news on the MCD4,

Thanks again!