Espresso machines with stainless steel boilers - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Bluedog2903 (original poster)

#11: Post by Bluedog2903 (original poster) »

Looks like the Brasilia Mini Classic has a copper boiler according to

http://www.wholelattelove.com/Brasilia/ ... O-BRASILIA
The boiler is nickel-plated copper and has a 1400 watt heating element. It has 1.2 liter capacity and amazing steam pressure. This is a single boiler machine with a heat exchanger, so you can brew and steam at the same time. The two hole steam tip works perfectly for achieving a good swirl in your pitcher when creating micro froth.

wildbwilson

#12: Post by wildbwilson »

I was out picking up some gaskets today for my La Cimbali machines and was kindly corrected. No La Cimbali machines including the M20 Lever and or the DT junior use SS boilers. They use really well made and finished copper boilers that have been nickel plated. I stand corrected and I apologize for spreading inaccurate information.
Regards, Ian

Dogshot

#13: Post by Dogshot »

Who told you that the DT juniors do not have SS boilers? There are many sources that claim the DT has a SS boiler, including Chris' Coffee. I highly doubt that the DT has a nickel-plated boiler.

Mark
LMWDP #106

wildbwilson

#14: Post by wildbwilson »

Mark,
My local La Cimbali dealer, in the context of a general conversation and the correction coming in particular reference to my M20 lever. Other markets may very well be different. The DT1 Chris Coffee sells are exclusive to them and could very well have a SS boiler. The machine CC sells is not available to the traditional La Cimbali distributors, at least not here.

Cafedenda

#15: Post by Cafedenda »

Bluedog, I got my Mini Classic used and was originally bought from one of the coffee services companies here in Socal. It looks to be the same as the one sold by WLL. I am a bit confused myself because I don't know enough about espresso boilers to determine if mine is nickel-plated copper. Its shape, as seen in one of WLL's photos per this link: http://www.wholelattelove.com/articles/ ... asilia.cfm makes it look like a non-copper boiler to me. WLL also has a video of this machine on their site and youtube. Also, there's a new version of this machine as discussed here: https://www.coffeegeek.com/forums/espre ... nes/493130.

Here's mine:

I originally got most of my info from this link but since it's a European version, it might not be the same as the US version. This one says the boiler is stainless, 1.2L but has a higher wattage water heater: http://www.brasilia-coffee.co.uk/downlo ... manual.pdf.

Good luck on your search, though.

Dogshot

#16: Post by Dogshot »

wildbwilson wrote:Mark,
My local La Cimbali dealer, in the context of a general conversation and the correction coming in particular reference to my M20 lever. Other markets may very well be different. The DT1 Chris Coffee sells are exclusive to them and could very well have a SS boiler. The machine CC sells is not available to the traditional La Cimbali distributors, at least not here.

I think Chris' changes are limited to a pump delay for preinfusion, the steam tip, and a boiler gauge. Having seen a couple of rebuilds on-line, I have seen steel boilers on older Juniors as well. I suspect that your dealer may be mistaken about the copper boiler on a Junior.

Mark
LMWDP #106

wildbwilson

#17: Post by wildbwilson »

Mark,
They could very well have been mistaken, I was surprised to hear that my M20 was not SS - it's so well made and finished.

Coffee-Mark

#18: Post by Coffee-Mark »

i just looked at my La Cimbali Junior/R model .. it looks like a Stainless steel boiler.
admittedly old school, .. but still learning new tricks!
&
I regret that i can only drink so much Espresso!

Bluedog2903 (original poster)

#19: Post by Bluedog2903 (original poster) »

Izzo Duetto ? Per Chris Coffee, "All stainless construction (including the frame)" Anybody know? Nice machine.

Dogshot

#20: Post by Dogshot »

The Duetto has a stainless exterior, but the boiler is not. Take a look at the photos of the internals - the brew boiler is clearly copper or brass.

Chris was definitely referring to the exterior when he mentioned "all stainless".

Mark
LMWDP #106