Espresso Machine Retailers in San Francisco? Seeking Izzo Alex Duetto.

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
TR

#1: Post by TR »

Hello. I live near San Francisco and looking for an Izzo Alex Duetto II machine to test before I buy. Any Bay Area people that can recommend a retailer to test/buy? BTW, I emailed Izzo and asked them to add retailers to their site. They certainly don't make it easy to track down.

I should also mention that I purchased a Rocket R58 online and received it damaged. The drip tray welds were broken, the casing bent, gages not working properly, etc. Its been a huge pain with no help from Rocket -- other than "grab a hammer and wood to maneuver the drip tray back" and get a welder to tack the broken weld. I had to file claim to get my money back. I was so excited for that machine and its been a total let down and nightmare process.

I hear the Izzo Alex Duetto II is a great machine but after the Rocket situation I want to try it before I buy it.

Thanks all.
-Tim

Nuprin

#2: Post by Nuprin »

You could contact Chris Coffee - you'll have to wait until Monday, but they should be able to tell you if there's a dealer/distributor nearby. I went on a recent trip to S.F. and L.A., and the only place I saw that carried espresso machines was the Venice Beach location of Intelligentsia in L.A. and I think* they had a Duetto there but I could be wrong. You might want to call around some of the shops.

Marshall

#3: Post by Marshall »

Nuprin wrote:I went on a recent trip to S.F. and L.A., and the only place I saw that carried espresso machines was the Venice Beach location of Intelligentsia in L.A. and I think* they had a Duetto there but I could be wrong. You might want to call around some of the shops.
Many other L.A. coffee shops have one or two higher end consumer machines on display. Pasquini has an extensive showroom of La Cimbalis. But, I don't think anyone in California has a large collection of different lines of higher end consumer machines on display.
Marshall
Los Angeles

chipman

#4: Post by chipman »

TR wrote:Hello. I live near San Francisco and looking for an Izzo Alex Duetto II machine to test before I buy. Any Bay Area people that can recommend a retailer to test/buy? BTW, I emailed Izzo and asked them to add retailers to their site. They certainly don't make it easy to track down.

Great Infusions in Santa Cruz is a distributer for Chris's coffee service. The last time I was there, Sebastian had a Duetto in stock.

http://greatinfusions.com/

drgary
Team HB

#5: Post by drgary »

In San Francisco, Christopher Cara (Thomas E. Cara Ltd.) sells Vibiemme Domobar machines in addition to many levers, but not the Izzo line. If you're interested in visiting his shop, call first for an appointment.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Bob_M

#6: Post by Bob_M »

PM sent

TR (original poster)

#7: Post by TR (original poster) »

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the feedback. I connected with Chris Coffee and sounds like they do not have any SF retailers in area. They did update on the new Izzo Duetto 3 and it looks incredible.

greatinfusions

#8: Post by greatinfusions »

We are in Santa Cruz & we sell the Chris Coffee imported Alex.
We are waiting for the new V3 to get here - probably next week.