Elektra Semiautomatica or Quickmill Anita

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Nickel&Nickel

#1: Post by Nickel&Nickel »

I am looking for advise/opinions on upgrading my Venus.

I found a new Elektra Microcasa Semiautomatica for $1,300.00, my wife fell in love with the design. I have now read and searched must of the reviews from here and other sites, so I am aware of the PSTAT, its hot, finish care etc on the Elektra. Still seems to be a solid machine from a legendary maker.

Looks aside, the QM Anita is always a machine that would work well for my needs, home use, few espressos, caps and lattes per day but in the end home use for 2.

I know the Elektra is an old design and I wonder if the Anita will be a more updated, progressed design. I am willing to work with the Elektra, but unsure if I should get new Anita..Wife loves the Elektra, but I want to get the best machine in the 1500 range and you know happy wife, happy life...Thanks for sharing.

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

That's a no brainer: Get the Semiautomatica.

A quick search shows the price of the Elektra around $1900 new. You've found one that's new for the going used price. Use it for awhile, if you don't like it, sell it for what you paid for it. You could even make a small profit. Plus you'll have an opportunity to make your wife happy.

If you need more background information, read Jim's Buyer's Guide to the Elektra Microcasa Semiautomatica. The conclusion gives hints about whether it's a good fit for you. For what it's worth, I still have mine, though it gets very little use. I keep it around because it's beautiful and makes great espresso/cappuccinos. Even my wife doesn't want me to sell it.
Dan Kehn

Nickel&Nickel (original poster)

#3: Post by Nickel&Nickel (original poster) »

Thanks Dan.

I also live in Cary...Small world.

HB
Admin

#4: Post by HB »

Indeed! You are welcome to join us for Friday mornings at Counter Culture Coffee. Because of the holiday, this week we'll be at New World Cafe on Highway 70 near Walmart.
Dan Kehn

da gino

#5: Post by da gino »

Count me in the "buy the Semi" camp. It is a great machine.