Diedrich IR 12- California Model

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
37train5k

#1: Post by 37train5k »

Can anyone tell me what they think the value of the Diedrich IR 12 Roaster would be? All electronics work (very minimal) The outside is in good shape, the drum is smooth, impeller works, etc-- I didn't really know what to look for. I cant find a whole lot of information on what these thngs go for used-- I'd appreciate the input.

drgary
Team HB

#2: Post by drgary »

It's interesting that their current IR-12 has a 12 kg capacity and the tag on yours lists capacity as 18 kg. Have you called Diedrich to ask about the configuration of that roaster versus their current model and what they think it's worth? Also why do they label it an IR-"12" and list larger capacity?

If you don't get a useful answer perhaps you could guesttimate by searching sold listings for similar roasters. Also consider their pricing for current models and what those go for used. That would be similar to a realtor researching comparables.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

37train5k (original poster)

#3: Post by 37train5k (original poster) »

Ive searched alot. I have tried to call but havent had much success- Ive sent an email asking for info as well. In regards to their current models and the pricing of them, If the machines are similar today what they were when this was made, I would venture to guess the logic is sound to come up with a value, However, if the machines then roast much different than the machines today, then I wouldnt feel safe assuming a value. Any input on how they roasted then compared to now?