Custom 45mm tamper

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
beer&mathematics

#1: Post by beer&mathematics »

Yo,

I would like someone to make me a hybrid thor tamper and Londinium tamper in size 45mm. Originally, I wanted a yellow OE tamper but they has been out of stock for months (and haven't replied to a any of my emails since May... :roll:). Currently, I've been using the plastic tamp that came with La Peppina for both the Export and Peppina but want something more zazzy. Thanks for the help!
LMWDP #431

peacecup

#2: Post by peacecup »

these guys rock:

http://www.madebyknock.com/simple-tamper.html

I don't see 45 mm listed, but I know he makes them because I have one.

PC
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."

boar_d_laze

#3: Post by boar_d_laze »

If you want to buy from a North American maker, try looking at some of the stock possibilities at Coffee Complements; and info@coffeecomplements.com e-mailing Phan (info@coffeecomplements.com) to ask what else he can or will do.

I've got a few favorite tampers, one of them is Coffee Complements' quaintly named Tamper for Billiards Fans, an 8 Ball handle with a ripple base. Zazzy? Sorry, I don't know from Zazzy. But juvenile? Sure.

Short of finding a machinist/wood-worker who will do custom work, I rate your chances of combining the Thor with the Londinium at roughly nil.

Good luck,
BDL
Drop a nickel in the pot Joe. Takin' it slow. Waiter, waiter, percolator

TomC
Team HB

#4: Post by TomC »

beer&mathematics wrote:Yo,

Originally, I wanted a yellow OE tamper but they has been out of stock for months (and haven't replied to a any of my emails since May... :roll

Wow, the third or fourth thread this year that I've personally read that contains a subtle or not so subtle jab at a site vendor and it doesn't seem appropriate to air complaints publicly and let them (hope to) find it later and try to clean up afterwards and address. I'm not taking sides with how a company chooses to communicate with customers, if they don't support your needs, move on.

You could have made the exact same clear statement by asking where one might find what you're looking for, because you've been unsuccessful finding it in stock elsewhere without the email jab.

Just my 0.02
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

another_jim
Team HB

#5: Post by another_jim »

Some complaints are self refuting. "Are we there yet" is a classic. "Are you still out of stock" may qualify too.
Jim Schulman

beer&mathematics (original poster)

#6: Post by beer&mathematics (original poster) »

This is your playground so I'll play nice: does anyone know who to ask that could make the hybrid tamper I envision, or am I on my own here.
LMWDP #431

beer&mathematics (original poster)

#7: Post by beer&mathematics (original poster) »

boar_d_laze wrote:If you want to buy from a North American maker, try looking at some of the stock possibilities at Coffee Complements; and info@coffeecomplements.com e-mailing Phan (info@coffeecomplements.com) to ask what else he can or will do.
This is a great lead for a 'traditional' tamper and I think the 8ball counts as zazzy :lol: but maybe not what I'm looking for right now. And if I can't find any leads for a custom wood one, I will probably contact Pham. Thanks!
LMWDP #431