Chris Coffee Carrying Crossland CC1 - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
chriscoffee
Sponsor

#11: Post by chriscoffee »

Call me and I will be happy to answer all of your questions to the best of my ability. I will be in the office all day today. 518-452-5995.
Chris Nachtrieb
Pres. Chris' Coffee Service, Inc.

ampguy

#12: Post by ampguy »

The CC1 steams very fast, and can repeatedly steam for multiple drinks. I've measured about 50 seconds to bring 5 oz of 40 deg F milk to 140 deg.

It also quickly goes from brew mode to steam ready mode, sometimes instantly, but variables such as what your brew temp was, and how much volume went through, and what your ambient temp is etc., can vary that time.

Time to brew, after steaming, takes me over a minute, but I've also seen reports of under a minute by other users. I think it will depend on what brew temps, as well as other user definable pid parameters are set, to get a consistent #.

The Chris's coffee video is excellent.

Jedi012

#13: Post by Jedi012 »

I had a chance to talk with Scott from Chris' Coffee this morning, and managed to get a couple questions answered. I was mainly asking about the CC1 vs the Silvano.

The bullet points from the conversation:
1. The Silvano and the CC1 are both great machines for their cost.
2. If you are the type of person looking for an entry level machine on a budget, and can stretch your budget to go for the CC1, it is totally worth it.
3. If you are deciding between the Silvano and the CC1, and can afford either, go for the Silvano.
4. The reason for the higher cost on the Silvano is the build quality and (near?) commercial level parts it has inside.
5. The CC1 is definitely worth it over the Silvia. (Silvia NOT Silvano).

I did forget to ask about how much headroom it has.

Benjammer

#14: Post by Benjammer replying to Jedi012 »

Did you find out about the head room for CC1 vs Silvano?
I actually tried the CC1, the other day at a coffee roaster / re-seller place.
We were able to get a good 20G of coffee in the basket, I think it fit well. There's a screw holding the dispersion screen but luckily it doesn't seem to come out pretty far, its a bit recessed I think.
I've seen the 'Silvia' (not Silvano) and it actually has a big screw that sticks out, which I don't like because it could disrupt a high dosage of coffee.

I've seen pictures/diagrams of the Silvano and it looks like its totally flat and recessed which is the best way to have it I believe, no chance of disruption. But I haven't seen how big the basket for it is, I'm assuming they're all pretty similar for this price range of 58mm filter holding machines.

innermusic

#15: Post by innermusic »

The Silvano has plenty of headroom - I've no trouble dosing 21g. It also has a big grouphead, encased in what looks like steel or SS coated brass (Chris might jump in here for clarification), which serves to keep the PF hot and insulates it from ambient (room) temp changes. I would assume that's a factor for temp stability. Also of course, the Silvano has zero wait time for steaming and/or brewing, as they are separate systems with separate pumps. Finally, the Silvano is a very sturdy well-built machine.

Looks to me like the Silvano and the CC1 are different machines, hence the price differential.
Steve Holt
Trent Hills, Ontario Canada
Vivaldi II, Macap MXK, Baratza Vario

Benjammer

#16: Post by Benjammer »

Yeah, I'm liking the sound of the Silvano, might get one eventually. The CC1 is also good for the price it seems.

wasabipeas

#17: Post by wasabipeas »

Has Chris Coffee stopped carrying the CC1? I no longer see it listed for sale.

Benjammer

#18: Post by Benjammer »

Social Coffee has the CC1 if anyone is interested, it says free shipping, but I don't know if that applies to America, it's a Canadian based company.

http://www.socialcoffeecompany.com/prod ... so-machine