Budget $1500 and under for HX espresso machine, not too loud!

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
fishll

#1: Post by fishll »

Quick back story. I started with a single boiler Brasillia machine. I later purchased a used Futurmat commercial model with a rotary pump and plumbed it in. I made great coffee for a long while, but the machine is quite old now. The boiler and many of the lines are clogged with deposits from years of abuse. It is now living in my garage and Ive brought back the little SBDU machine.

Now Im ready to upgrade. I miss the quietness of the rotary as well as the quickness of the HX when making milk drinks. So what Im looking for is the quietest vibe machine, because I can't seem to find a rotary in my price range. Im also looking for a tank machine as I don't know my future and the ability to plumb, and E61. I know there are many options in my budget but I am looking for input from the community with regards to noise levels. I currently can only go on videos on the internet which is useless. The machine will be paired with a Super Jolly. Please help me decide!

Considerations
Vibimme HX, Super/Junior
Quickmil Anita
Expobar Office Lever

Intrepid510

#2: Post by Intrepid510 »

Well I had a Vibiemme Jr for a while and I can tell you that thing is pretty loud. The main problem is there is just a lot of rattling inside the case. Others have gone into the it and tighten up hoses etc to make it less noticeable.

Another machine you might want to consider is that Salvatore on kickstarted, $1200, seems like it might be what you are looking for.

fishll (original poster)

#3: Post by fishll (original poster) »

Thank you for your response. Since you've used the Junior model before can you clarify this for me.
the boiler is controlled by a smaller pressurestat which needs to be manually descaled
What exactly does this mean? Do they just mean the machine needs to be descaled like normal or is there anything else involved?