Black Teflon Frothing Pitchers

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
SurJones

#1: Post by SurJones »

I had a famous espresso distributor who you most likely have bought from tell me that they dont carry them because they aren't NSF. Curious what the thoughts of these are? There are other colors, but heard they aren't NSF, which I guess I could google what that is and why they came up with it. There is a couple well named baristas selling their black ones, and curious if anyone use the black or any colored ones and what your thoughts are.

CrabRangoon

#2: Post by CrabRangoon »

Are you specifically talking about Motta pitchers? If so, there are many listed on eBay for shipping to US buyers. If not, disregard this :lol:
LMWDP #505

day

#3: Post by day »

SurJones wrote:I had a famous espresso distributor who you most likely have bought from tell me that they dont carry them because they aren't NSF. Curious what the thoughts of these are? There are other colors, but heard they aren't NSF, which I guess I could google what that is and why they came up with it. There is a couple well named baristas selling their black ones, and curious if anyone use the black or any colored ones and what your thoughts are.
I dont konw but the coffeegeek christmas list included a black teflon pitcher and they said they use it exclusively so, for whatever that is worth.
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone

OldNuc

#4: Post by OldNuc »

You pay big $$ for NSF certification. There are many things in every kitchen which are not NSF certified. Are you poisoned yet?

LATrapp

#5: Post by LATrapp »

I use two different sizes of the white one. Love the look.

Comically, the only thing NSF certified in my espresso setup is the table that the machine and the rest of my equipment sit on;)

boar_d_laze

#6: Post by boar_d_laze »

What's the attraction of Teflon coating?

Rich
Drop a nickel in the pot Joe. Takin' it slow. Waiter, waiter, percolator

CrabRangoon

#7: Post by CrabRangoon »

LATrapp wrote:I use two different sizes of the white one. Love the look.

Comically, the only thing NSF certified in my espresso setup is the table that the machine and the rest of my equipment sit on;)
I'd read multiple complaints about the white versions because people find monitoring the status / level of their milk difficult. Kind of makes you laugh :P
LMWDP #505

LATrapp

#8: Post by LATrapp »

boar_d_laze wrote:What's the attraction of Teflon coating?

Rich
For myself, it's purely the aesthetics of the entire pitcher. It's not any different in use or cleaning.

The only possible difference is if you gauge temperature by your hand- the teflon coating on the inside and white coating on the outside might create a slight delay. After a day or two you'll compensate for the delay without thought.
crabrangoon wrote:I'd read multiple complaints about the white versions because people find monitoring the status / level of their milk difficult. Kind of makes you laugh :P
Heh, I've see some pitchers online that are white on the inside. The Motta one that I have has a grey teflon interior. Maybe they will make a pyrex pitcher next so you can completely monitor your milk status! :D

LukeFlynn

#9: Post by LukeFlynn »

What the hell... NSF rated pitchers? I personally love rattle ware pitchers.. but a cafe I go to has black motta pitchers.