Bezzera Ellisse DE - Opportunity to buy - seeking advice/review

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Mouldy

#1: Post by Mouldy »

Hi all.

I have searched the forum but couldn't find much in the way of conversation on the Bezzera Ellisse DE (fully automatic).

I have located a used 2 group Bezzera Ellisse DE that's for sale here in Paris (France) that appears in reasonable condition (I am yet to view it in person) and the response I got when asking the question on age was that it is only 1 year old.

I haven't seen much in the way of others for sale so don't know how to benchmark price (I appreciate markets drive different prices in US / Europe / Austral-asia); other than to say that based on prices for new prices it appears a decent deal (includes stainless steel ionic exchange water softener).

Does anyone have any experience on quality of these machines?
Cheers

John_Yossarian

#2: Post by John_Yossarian »

Bezzera are very solidly built machines to last. I believe that you would have a very nice machine to suffice your coffee needs, especially if it were paired with a decent grinder (do not they have a grinder too? :wink: ).

Good luck!

Jordan

EDIT: I have just seen that you already have a good grinder lined up.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by JohnB. »

Starting a collection?
LMWDP 267

Mouldy (original poster)

#4: Post by Mouldy (original poster) »

Bezzera are very solidly built machines to last. I believe that you would have a very nice machine to suffice your coffee needs, especially if it were paired with a decent grinder (do not they have a grinder too? :wink: ).
It does include a grinder - A "V.F.A Expres"; which I don't know much about either.

Starting a collection?
:) Indeed. Since living in France for the past year it's been hard not to notice how (relatively) cheap machines of this caliber are. There appears to be a steady supply of gear from restaurants and cafe's that close down or change hands. You can also find two and three group Cimbali's and the like for 600 to 900 Euro. The Bezzera with V.F.A Expres grinder and stainless housing water softener is asking 750 Euro.

In my home country (Australia), machines like this are simply unaffordable. Ditto for the Elektra that I picked up recently here in France.