Best time of year to purchase a new espresso machine?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
thevitruvianman

#1: Post by thevitruvianman »

I'm looking at upgrading my machine, probably to a Profitec Pro 700 or M58 Lucca, on WLL and Clive respectively. My question is if anyone knows of generally the best time to purchase a machine to avoid markups for the holiday shoppers and take advantage of common sales event times like maybe Black Friday? When I bought my Pavoni last year on ebay in December I felt like I was shopping during the worst time of the year with people splurging more with the christmas spirit.

Thanks!
Jake
"I'm tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

NightFlight

#2: Post by NightFlight »

Check the buy/sell forum. There is a new 700 for sale NOW.

[FS] Profitec Pro 700

forbeskm

#3: Post by forbeskm »

eBay anytime past November is bad though this year they have been going lower all year, Cremina's for 600 or less.

I think new any of the dealers that sponsor here you should be good to go anytime.

mgwolf
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by mgwolf »

I'm thinking the dealers (if you want new) would probably be having some Xmas specials. eBay is always hit or miss. Otherwise it wouldn't matter much. You just have to find what you want.

spearfish25

#5: Post by spearfish25 »

WLL offers 10% off if you sign up for the email subscription. Easy way to save $260. You get about $50 worth of points too so you can order a goodie later. I used it for a bottomless PF.