Behmor connected brewer. Worth it?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
new2espresso

#1: Post by new2espresso »

I do a v60 (5 cup) everyday, are there any users of the behmor connected brewer who use it instead of manual brewing? I'm going to be starting school soon and I feel this will be a convenient way of brewing.
Thanks for the advice!
Karan
Kind regards,
Karan

yakster
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by yakster »

Can't speak to the connected brewer but I've been very happy with the Behmor Brazen and brew a half pot just about every morning.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Advertisement
Shife

#3: Post by Shife »

I love my Brazen for a 4 or 6 cup brew. I HATE it for an 8 cup. The trapezoid shaped flat bottom Bunn filter randomly collapses into the stupid U-shaped basket and kills my brew when I brew a 8 cup pot. My Bunn HG never did that, presumably because Bunn was smart enough to match the shape of the basket to the shape of the filter.

Randy G.

#4: Post by Randy G. »

I tested one a year or so ago. Maybe 18 months. The app would not work using my wife's LG Android phone. I hope the software has been improved since then, but it is something to look into before purchase. If you are looking into having a cup of coffee ready in the morning, and you know your schedule, the Brazen does have a clock/timer that will begin brewing at any time for which you program it. IMO, it's features make it a no-brainer purchase.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

jbviau
Supporter ★

#5: Post by jbviau »

Shife wrote:I love my Brazen for a 4 or 6 cup brew. I HATE it for an 8 cup. The trapezoid shaped flat bottom Bunn filter randomly collapses into the stupid U-shaped basket and kills my brew when I brew a 8 cup pot. My Bunn HG never did that, presumably because Bunn was smart enough to match the shape of the basket to the shape of the filter.
Are you using the BCF-100B filters? Those are taller.
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

Shife

#6: Post by Shife replying to jbviau »

Yep.

new2espresso (original poster)

#7: Post by new2espresso (original poster) »

Thanks for the advice everyone! I went ahead and ordered one today.
Kind regards,
Karan