Anyone familiar with Clive Coffee's typical holiday discounts?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
thevitruvianman

#1: Post by thevitruvianman »

Hi HBs,

I'm planning on buying a machine from Clive and I'm patient enough to wait for a few months. Currently their sale is an Autumn Special with some $100-200 accessory cards that come with some machines. Not bad, but machines are still full priced. Does anyone know if/when they tend to give the best deals: thxgiving, black friday, xmas, new years, etc? The machine I'm looking at is exclusively sold at Clive coffee.

Thanks for any input,

Jake
"I'm tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

DnA_Coffee

#2: Post by DnA_Coffee »

From my experience or remembrance, Clive doesn't do a Thanksgiving, black Friday, new years, etc. deals. The best deal I've seen is their "Holiday Special" during the month of December that might extend into Jan where they give better accessory discounts and maybe a handful of clive exclusive machines that they mark as "Sale". Similar to the "Autumn sale" you mentioned below.

LaMarzooka

#3: Post by LaMarzooka »

From my experience, it is difficult to find sales discounts from almost any retailer on brand-new equipment unless they are running a special clearance sale. Typically, you may get some accessories to offset the full purchase price as you have seen.
Espresso or no go!

jwCrema
Supporter ❤

#4: Post by jwCrema »

Gosh, based on what I saw last year, there were all kinds of discounts. If you're this close to pulling the trigger, if I would wait. 30% was not unusual to see on new equipment. And, my view included Clive and a number of other retailers.

thevitruvianman (original poster)

#5: Post by thevitruvianman (original poster) »

Ya from an economic standpoint I just assumed they would have to do something since all the retailers are selling a lot of the same machines at the same price. Incentive needs to come from somewhere to steer the holiday buyers right?
"I'm tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."