220v Baratza Vario Power Boards

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
BruceR

#1: Post by BruceR »

Hi All

I am based in South Africa and have a Baratza Vario (here branded Mahlkoenig). After experiencing some problems with the Vario I took it to the local Mahlkoenig distributor and was informed that I needed a new power board. For repair I was quoted the equivalent of $250 excluding labour.

I see on the Baratza website that the 110v board sells for $25. Given the price differential I'm hoping to source the part and do the switch myself, however Baratza don't seem to stock any 220v boards. Does anyone have any recommendations or ideas of any retailers I could contact who might stock the 220v boards and would be willing to ship internationally?

Thanks very much
Bruce

BruceR (original poster)

#2: Post by BruceR (original poster) »

Just to close this off for anyone else looking. I contacted Baratza to see if they knew of any retailers and they replied that they some of the 220v boards in stock at another location. Pierce (from Baratza support) offered that if I just placed the order online, he would make the switch for 220v.

Truly impressed by this level of support considering the grinder isn't even sold under their name here.