3-Day Sale at ThermoWorks (8/26-8/28)

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Eastsideloco

#1: Post by Eastsideloco »

ThermoWorks has promotions pretty regularly. This 15%-off sale is somewhat unique because it is site wide rather than product specific:

While this a "good deal" for a Thermapen-which is a great product-it's still an expensive solution. Since this is site-wide sale, you should also be able to get 15% off a ThermPop or a Super-Fast Mini. These aren't quite as fast or accurate as a Thermapen, but they will work fine for most brewing purposes. (I use a Themapen at home for siphon brewing and a Super-Fast Mini in my pourover/aeropress travel kit.)

yakster
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by yakster »

I like the ThermoPops, I have a black one in my La Peppina espresso machine kettle and use a red one as a meat thermometer.

Here's my La Peppina with a Thermopop. I used a small one hole rubber stopper stuck in the bottom of the lid to help seal it and keep it in place. I have to keep the kettle fairly full to make sure that the probe is submerged, but I like the clean looking solution better than my big blue PID box on the counter.

-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Boldjava

#3: Post by Boldjava »

A chef from whom I took a course recommended a Thermopen. His quote, "It's a $100; get over it and drop the dime."

I put together a small group of 6 and bought them; $85 and change each. Love it for brewing but its real advantage comes when you are doing meat and it feeds back immediately the temp by depth as you go more deeply/ Temp drops and then goes up again as you get to the south side of the meat. Tells you right where you are at. No more guessing.

Buy it.
-----
LMWDP #339

SonVolt

#4: Post by SonVolt »

I have both. The Thermopop is the better value - the ~1-2 second speed difference is hard to justify the price difference.

DanoM

#5: Post by DanoM »

Do take a look at their Chef Alarm too. It's a great unit, and I have several.
High and low temp alarms including min & max temp along. Count up and count down timer capable.

I have their thermapen, chef alarm, thermopop, timer pendant, DOT and probably some other device hanging around here.
Right now I have a Chef Alarm hooked up on my La Pavoni for a relative temp monitor while dialing in.

Much better quality than the Polder/Taylor or similar temp units. I've gone through plenty of those, but my Thermoworks stuff seems to keep on working. The price is definitely higher, but the quality is too.
LMWDP #445

Randy G.

#6: Post by Randy G. »

3-day sale... at Thermoworks.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

forbeskm

#7: Post by forbeskm »

Thermal pen, well worth the cost, multi use. Great for espresso temp measuring but fantastic in the kitchen for everything. Makes it easier to justify the spend.

dmw010

#8: Post by dmw010 »

Thanks for the tip - just ordered a Thermopop, a Dot, and two fridge/freezer monitors. I've had a Thermapen for years - great product - but tough to use hands-free.

Carsncoffee

#9: Post by Carsncoffee »

sale is extended until 8-31 per website.
I have/use the ThermaPen- its very nice. I may get the ThermaPop just to have as well.